Council for Geoscience (CGS) Internship Application 2022… How to apply, requirements, eligibility, application closing date 2022/2023.
Interested applicants can apply for the Council for Geoscience (CGS) Internship Programme 2022 provided they qualify and meet the requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
Council for Geoscience (CGS) Internship Application Details 2022
Role purpose: Conduct research into various carbon capture technologies, including utilization and storage. This work forms part of the multi-disciplinary mapping effort to characterise carbon storage potential in South Africa.
Position title: Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS) Interns
- Research into various carbon capture technologies.
- Assessment of carbon utilization techniques, for example, carbon mineralization.
- Applying multiple geoscientific data to characterise sites for carbon sequestration.
- Project Implementation and Task Management within the CCUS project, which will be done under guidance.
- Scientific analysis (processing and modelling) of geological, geophysical, environmental and hydrogeological data.
- Work closely with Project Manager and Project Task Leaders on the CCUS project.
- Provide monthly technical reports.
- Liaise with, and assist the CCUS project technical team.
BSc or BTECH degree in a geoscience related field:
- Environmental geology,
- or any other related field
Less than one year experience in the relevant field
- Must be attentive to detail and able to undertake geoscience data collection, processing, modelling and interpretation.
- Display the personal character strengths of trust, tact, integrity, and fairness.
- Ability to manage own tasks and deliver on deadlines.
- Demonstrate high-level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to liaise with all levels of the community.
- Proficiency in geoscience data processing and interpretation software packages such as Leapfrog, ArcGIS, Oasis Montaj,
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!